Books torn from shelves and scattered
Across
the floor, pages torn
Drawers
pulled out, emptied, smashed
Contents
strewn across the floor
Like
so many shards of glass, crystalized
Closets
emptied without regard to modesty
The
mattress shifted, shivved, springs exposed
Fridge
emptied, its contents spilled on the floor,
Milk,
fruit, meat
Rotting
in the heat
Even
the smooth walls and ceilings opened
To
expose the insulation of life
Hanging
out, hanging down.
Dismayed,
dismal, downcast, disillusioned.
When I
survey this wond’rous loss…
Did I
do this? An intruder? The enemy? You?
Tossed,
not destroyed
I hear
You whisper in my ear
Let’s
pick it up
Let Us
restore
Let Us
rearrange
Let Us
create anew
We set
to work, You and me
But
mostly You
As I
can’t see through the tears
Can’t
feel through the heartache
Can’t
hear through the roar of my heart
Can’t
hear anything but Your voice
Can
feel only Your presence.
Can
only yield and participate.
No comments:
Post a Comment